The First Tee – Shenandoah Valley is always grateful to anyone who would like to volunteer their time. We welcome people who can help in all areas, including:
- On Course Coaching
- In-School Coaching
- Organizing and Sorting
- I thought to myself, “if I can take off work a little early, once or twice a week, to come to the same place where my child is having fun and learning a sport which I have enjoyed playing, why am I not up there helping out instead of sitting around waiting?”
- I have always enjoyed teaching younger kids and being a positive role model and mentor for them.
- I don’t know why I waited so long to get involved with The First Tee.
- My oldest, Sarah, has mentioned numerous times wanting to play golf with me one day when she gets better (which she never mentioned prior to joining The First Tee Programs).
To volunteer at the First Tee – Shenandoah Valley, please call 1-540-437-4239 or email [email protected]
How To Become A Volunteer
1. Click here for the volunteer application
2. Complete safe sport training (chapter pay)
3. Conduct background check
4. Shadow a class
Interested in Becoming a Coach?
We currently have more than 3,700 coaches signed up with The First Tee, including PGA and LPGA pros, as well as volunteers. But you don’t have to be a golf pro or even a good golfer. With The First Tee Coach Program, we provide the training you need.
Developed with input from leading experts in the field of positive youth development, our program focuses on empowering participants through decision-making and exploring options. This helps foster positive relationships between coaches and young people, inspiring the golfers of tomorrow to look to the future, set goals, and unlock their potential.
Coaches working through The First Tee Coach Program choose their own level of involvement. The program includes the following levels:
- Assistant Coach (Assists the Lead Coach in conducting the class)
- The First Tee Coach-in-Training (Level I, II, III) (Leads a class or session of classes, with help from an Assistant Coach if needed)
- The First Tee Coach
- The First Tee Master Coach
If you would like more information on becoming a Coach with First Tee – Shenandoah Valley, please contact [email protected] or call (540)437-4239
Interested in Becoming a Junior Coach?
- Love working with kids?
- Need service hours for school?
- Feel like giving back to your community?
- Have an outgoing personality?
- Feel comfortable talking in groups?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above you might be interested in a junior coaching position!
- Classes on M/T/TH/F 3-6pm at Heritage Oaks
- Come teach kids class with us and receive hands on training.
- Take kids on the golf course in a 3/1 student teacher ratio.
- Receive practice and playing privileges at all our first tee facilities.
- Receive a First Tee shirt
- Eligible for First Tee national scholarships and leadership opportunities
If you are interested, fill out this volunteer application. Use the tell us more box to add your interest in a junior coaching position!